What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type – also information on your journey through this website – for our own website analysis.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
They help us:
to improve our site and
to estimate our audience size and usage pattern and
to store information about your preferences, and
so allow us to customise our site accordingly.
The Google Analytics cookie is the only one being used by this website – it will contain no personal information about yourself and has no interest in anything other than analysing your visit to this website.
Andrew Towning will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation currently in force.
You agree that all personal information provided by you either through this website or in writing may be used by Andrew Towning for the sole purpose of communicating back to you with Andrew Towning information and Andrew Towning services relevant to you.
Other than as required by law, or as permitted under these user conditions, Andrew Towning will not disclose your personal details to any third party without your permission.
When you submit information to us, you understand and agree that we may store your personal data in a secure manner on our UK based servers. Details submitted via the online contact form are sent directly to our secure email server. No data you provide is stored anywhere on our website. The details of your enquiry may be stored in our email archives.
Your personal data will be retained until you request us to remove it. You have the right to request the information that we hold or make modifications to your data at any time.
Data controllers and processors
Andrew Towning, is classified as the Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We act as the controller for any data you provide and can be contacted email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees of Andrew Towning, may be designated as data processors and will be able to update your information or assist you with any of your rights relating to data you have provided to us. All data you provide will be processed in line with the GDPR:
- impose confidentiality obligations on all personnel processing relevant data;
- review our data security policies;
- abide by the GDPR’s rules regarding the appointment of sub-processors;
- implement procedures to assist the data controller to comply with the rights of data subjects;
- assist the data controller in complying with other regulatory requirements;
- return or destroy personal data at the end of the data processing relationship at the data controller’s choice; and
- provide the data controller with all information required to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR
The following rights are conferred to you under the GDPR:
- You have the right to request a copy of all data that Andrew Towning. holds on you as an individual. Any requests for access to your data will be honoured within one month from receipt.
- You have the right to request that any incorrect information held byAndrew Towning is updated without undue delay.
- You have the right to request that all data relating to you is erased by Andrew Towning
- You have the right to receive a copy of your data in a structured, machine-readable format where appropriate.